Pages

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Mallory's 3 Year Check Up!

Mallory turned 3 years on February 28th, so it was time for her 3 year old check up! I realize I haven't posted about her birthday, but that's coming soon. 

Before her appointment, I reminded her that she didn't have to get any shots this visit. Josh started teasing her and saying that she'd have to get 20 of those bad boys and she just rolled her eyes and told him, "In 13 years!" She knows her daddy so well and never falls for his little jokes. That's my girl! :)

After we checked in and were called back, the nurse took her vitals and went to get her weight/height. Miss Mallory weighs 32 lbs and is 36.5 inches tall. (25% for height and 65% for weight) Is it bad that I automatically think of Disney World rides when I hear the height of one of my children? As soon as the nurse said she was 36.5 inches, I thought, "She's tall enough for Barnstormer!" Maybe by the time we go next year, she will have grown to 40 inches.. oh the possibilities! But I digress...

Anyway, the nurse was done and said, "Betsy will be with you in just a few minutes." I remembered that they had mentioned a new NP on the phone when I made the appointment but didn't think anything of it. When the doc walked in, I automatically recognized her and got so excited. It was Betsy Giannuzzi! She was Jake's pediatrician until we moved down to Stafford and I absolutely loved her!

Side story: I had been wanting to move the kids to a new pedi's office for awhile now, but kept putting it off because I didn't feel like dealing with the hassle of getting copies of their medical files, paying the fees, having a new doctor go through the file, etc. Now I know why! God knew my fav doctor was coming our way! 

She looked over Mallory and declared her perfect. She seemed super excited that she was fully potty trained and that made Miss Mal so proud. 

Chloe had an appointment at the same time to check out a rash that I thought had turned into a yeast diaper rash. I had been trying all the old tricks, Lotramin, Maalox/Aquaphor, etc and nothing was clearing it up! One look at it and the doc determined it was an allergic reaction to the diapers she wears. I felt SO bad. I guess I thought that she since had worn those forever, she wouldn't develop a reaction, but of course that's not the case. That's exactly how an allergy builds up! So, she told us to use hydrocortisone 3 times a day for 5 days along with a baking soda compress and it should clear up pretty fast. As soon as we got home, I threw out the current diapers and we're only using Huggies/Pampers from now on. 






No comments:

Post a Comment