Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

18 Weeks Pregnant!

 I turned 18 weeks pregnant on Sunday, September 18th. 


Baby Growth: Baby now measures about 5.5 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 7 ounces. The blood vessels are visible through the thin skin and his/her ears are in their final position, although they're still standing out from the head a bit. A protective cover of myelin is beginning to form around the nerves, a process that will continue for a year after baby is born. 




My Symptoms: I had some MAJOR braxton hicks/cramping the other night. It got to a point where I had to just lay on the couch for 2 hours. I drank some water and just waited for it to disappear. Eventually it went away, but phew. That wasn't expected at all. 

Other than that, I haven't had anything new happening symptom wise. The headaches are pretty much still gone, so that's a plus! 

Weight: I have no idea and frankly, I don't even want to know right now.

Gender: TEAM GREEN! :) I couldn't even give you a guess this week as it changes daily. Boy or girl, we just want a happy and healthy little baby!

Maternity Clothes: YES! There's no way I could wear regular pants unless it's yoga pants or sweats. I still need to go shopping for more tops, but I'm waiting until it stays cool or if I find a decent sale. 

Movement: It's getting more consistent finally! It's literally the best feeling in the world! I notice that I'm feeling it more when I'm sitting or laying down.

Sleep: Luke is teething more and is back to waking up twice a night, so I'm up a few times. It's not too bad though and I'm getting decent stretches in between. When I wake up in the mornings though, it takes me a bit to actually want to get out of bed. I don't know if that's the Diclegis or what.

Cravings: I'm still wanting the southwest salads a lot. All salads sound good to me. I have a caesar salad in the fridge that I'm now thinking of going to snack on. What does craving salads mean? Anything?

What I Miss: I'm trying to convince Josh that we need to take a trip to Disney World in November when the kids have a few days off of school. The Christmas decorations would already be up and the weather would be so perfect. I am missing Disney World something fierce and I really want to go back. 

I'm also starting to get a little sad that pregnancy is already almost halfway over. I am by no means one of those ladies who just LOVES being pregnant, but you know what I mean. 

Best Moments of the Week: The weather has been beautiful these past few days! Not necessarily all sunshine and rainbows because we had some rain, but the temperatures have been perfect! I am so ready for this cooler weather to stay. I can't wait to wear my over-sized sweaters, boots and scarves.


Questions/Concerns: I scheduled a labor/delivery tour because I've heard various statements about laboring in the tub at our hospital. Some have told me yes, others have told me no. I am really wanting to labor in the water as long as I can. I know I can't actually deliver in the tub, but it would be a nice option to have since I'm aiming for an all natural birth. The new rooms are supposed to be beautiful, so I'm anxious to get a peek at those as well.

Goals for the Week: Same as last week... Drink more water! Eat more veggies! Exercise as much as I can! 

Belly Pictures: Taken by Chloe Grace again!


No comments:

Post a Comment