Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2016

Encouraging Verses for Pregnancy and Labor/Delivery



I know labor is still a ways away, but it's been weighing on my mind a lot lately. I don't know if it's because I am so determined to have a VBAC, because I know what labor entails or because I'm just anxious, but I know that no matter what, God is in control and has his hands on the situation. 

I've started putting together some encouraging bible verses that I find myself reading quite often and I want to keep them all in one place for me to be able to just jump to when needed. I hope this will encourage some other mama to be's as they prepare for the birth of their baby! These are also wonderful to read over during your whole pregnancy as well. 


  • "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ." (Philippeans 4:6, 7 NIV
  • "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." (Philippeans 4:13)
  • "You keep Him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because He trusts in you." (Isaiah 26:3)
  • "My grace is enough; it is all you need. My strength comes into its own in your weakness. I just let Christ take over! And so the weaker I get, the stronger I become!" (2 Cor. 12:9)
  • "Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen, it gives us assurance about things we cannot see." (Hebrew 11:1
  • "For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing." (James 1:3-4)
  • "Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." (Isaiah 41:10)
  • "Draw near to God and He will draw near to you." (James 4:8)
  • "But you, take courage! Do not let your hands be weak, for your work shall be rewarded."  (2 Chronicles 15:7)
  • "Cast your burden on the Lord, and He will sustain you; He will never permit the righteous to be moved." (Psalm 55:22)

No comments:

Post a Comment