Padsicles are probably the number one item I recommend to pregnant friends. My hospital only gives out the ice packs for the first 24 hours, but let me tell you, you're going to want them a lot longer. With the combo of aloe, soothing witch hazel and the ice coldness of the pads, these are HEAVEN! They're inexpensive, easy to make and easy to store right in your freezer so you can grab 'em and go.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Pads - You're pretty much safe with any overnight pad, but I seem to grab the Always brand every time with the heaviest absorbency.
- Aloe Vera - Make sure it's the GEL version and 100% aloe.
- Witch Hazel - I just grabbed a bottle from Target. Check to make sure it's alcohol-free.
- Storage Freezer Bags
- Spoon to spread the aloe and pour the witch hazel
- Optional: Lavender EO
1. Unwrap the pad keeping the adhesive in tact.
2. Carefully remove the two adhesive strips and set them aside to place back on when finished.
3. Squirt the aloe gel along the length of pad and spread out using the back of the spoon.
4. Pour witch hazel into the spoon and evenly pour along the pad.
5. Carefully place the adhesive strips back onto the pad and place into the storage bag.
6. Now keep repeating this process until you have as many made as you'd like!
From here, just make some room in your freezer for the bag and voila! Padsicles! Take one out when you get home from giving birth and just wear it as you would a regular pad. These just feel so much better!
Have you ever made padsicles? I'd love to hear!