Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

15 Weeks Pregnant!

I turned 15 weeks pregnant on Sunday, August 28th.



Baby Growth: Baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces. The legs are growing longer than the arms now and he/she can move all joints and limbs. The eyelids are still fused shut, but baby can sense light and if you shined a flashlight at my stomach, the baby would most likely move away from the beam! (Would it be mean if I tried that?) We're at the stage in pregnancy when we could find out the gender if we wanted to! (Hilbert #5's gender will be a surprise and the name will be revealed on their birth day!)


My Symptoms: I'm still vomiting every single morning when I wake up. In past pregnancies, it didn't end until around 20-22 weeks, so I still have some time to go if that pattern continues on. 

My skin. Oh my gosh, my skin. I have been breaking out like crazy and it's just ridiculous. No matter what I do, when I feel like some pimples are going away, more appear in a different spot. Hopefully that starts to clear up soon.

My stomach for sure looks pregnant and I had Jake's karate teacher ask me if we were expecting. It's finally starting to feel "hard" if that even makes sense. It doesn't feel like lumpy fat anymore, it feels like a real pregnant bally. My belly button is already an outie as well.

My hair is falling out like crazy. After I put conditioner in my hair, it's literally covering my hands. I don't remember it being this bad in previous pregnancies... it normally happens postpartum. 

I continue to get headaches, especially in the evening.

Weight: I'm honestly not sure as I don't like weighing myself at home. I have a doctor's appointment this Friday, so we'll see what the scale says then. I'm hoping to not have gained anything this past month.

Gender: No clue. Like I said before, I carry different with each baby and the wives' tales don't predict squat for me. Some days I think boy and others I'm like, "Oh totally going to be a girl!" We'll find out in February! :)



Maternity Clothes: YES! I can't wear regular pants except yoga pants/leggings, but that's not always acceptable to wear out in public. Especially if I want to feel put together. I need to buy some, but I'm waiting until the weather gets a little cooler so I can grab some fall/winter staples to get me through. I know it's our last baby, but I want a really cute pair of maternity jeans. The ones I have are so ugly.

Movement: THE TIME HAS ARRIVED!!!! I've felt flutters the past 2 weeks, but have been associating them with gas.  At 15 weeks, 1 day I felt my first FOR SURE baby movement! It's so exciting! This is my favorite part of pregnancy and it never gets old! 

Sleep: I wake up constantly to go to the bathroom or to take care of my 11 month old newborn. Haha! But no seriously, Luke still wakes up about 2-3 times a night. I'm totally used to it, but there was one night where he only woke up at like midnight and it was glorious! 

Cravings: Lately I've been wanting the Southwest salads from McDonald's. Y'all, I can't get enough. I could eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner and be totally okay with it. 

I had a coke icee a few days ago that was absolutely delicious. I have a feeling that instead of visiting Starbucks at Target, I'll be grabbing an icee.

What I Miss: This sounds really weird, but we were supposed to be down at Disney World this week for our annual "BIG FAT DISNEY WORLD VACATION" but we cancelled once I found out I was pregnant since I knew I couldn't handle the Florida heat while still having morning sickness. I think about it every day and it makes me so sad. I guess this just means we can go next year for Christmas! 

Best Moments of the Week: We picked a boy name! So now we have both of our names and I am so excited to use either one!  Don't try to pry it out of me! I'm not budging. NO ONE will know, not even the kids. 

Questions/Concerns: 
  • I want to take a tour of the L/D unit at the hospital I'll be delivering at this time
  • ... and I need to ask about registering at the hospital

Goals for the Week: Drink more water! Eat more veggies! Exercise as much as I can! 

Belly Pictures:

No comments:

Post a Comment